UI/UX-Designer (m/f) in Vienna/Austria
You are passionate about design and love to optimize websites for different users and demographics according to the rules and best practices of good UX? It’s simply not enough for you to deliver a one-time design concept and then never to see the project again? You would much rather see your design grow continuously and experience personal growth while doing it? If your answer is yes, we might be a good match!
Synexit, a Vienna-based 6-person startup, is looking for a skilled UI/UX-designer. We are the makers of a social network / matchmaking site called friendseek. Unlike Facebook we do not want people to recreate their existing social circles online, but let them look for new people based on their interests and hobbies. Think of us as the LinkedIn of leisure. We are also implementing the technology behind friendseek as a white-label solution at different Austrian companies and organizations (e.g. RUEFA, Wiener Tennisverband or Österreichische Naturfreunde).
After 5 years of hard work, we are now in the comfortable position of being able to rethink our past UI/UX decisions. That means, that your task as a designer would be to re-imagine our entire frontend from the ground up. You'd have a lot of freedom and few restrictions, so basically any UX-designer's dream.
What we offer:
- The opportunity for you to help us redefine how thousands of people experience friendseek or our white-label platform, every day.
- The possibility for you to bring a breath of fresh air into our company and to enrich our team by your creativity.
- A dynamic team with nice colleagues who always have an open ear for your propositions and questions.
- Flexible working hours, a flat hierarchy and fast decision-making.
- A bright office in the heart of Vienna’s hip and gentrified 7th district.
- Free coffee as well as a ludicrous variety of mate tea sodas.
- The possibility to participate in conferences and barcamps.
What you offer:
- You are passionate about all aspects of design (especially mobile and responsive design as well as UX design for different target and age groups).
- You are constantly following the newest design developments and trends (aka spying on Facebook, Google, Airbnb et al).
- You are always open for new ideas and willing to challenge the status quo.
- You have a firm grasp on typography and different web technologies (HTML5, CSS, …).
- You can transform wireframes and mockups in creative designs with a flick of your wrist.
- You have experience in using established UX methods like personas, user journey mapping, task flow analysis and what have you.
- You have experience in doing usability tests and interviews with real users.
- You have successfully completed a job-relevant education in design (university, college, …)
- You have a conclusive portfolio (PDF or web link) that show-cases your past projects.
How to apply:
We would prefer somebody willing to work full-time, but if you fit our needs perfectly, we will be able to figure out some part-time deal. Starting date is basically asap, but again, we are quite flexible if you're a good fit.
We are obliged by law to state that the collectively agreed monthly gross salary for this position is 2.332€ (brutto). Your salary will, however, depend on the skills and experience you bring to the table. We are willing to pay significantly above market average if you can convince us that you are the right person for the job.
If you are interested or know somebody who might be, feel free to share this ad or contact us directly at mail [at] synexit.com. Please, include the following documents in your application:
- Your CV
- A short cover letter
- Your salary expectations
- A Portfolio of your work
Bewerbungs-E-Mail: mail [at] synexit.com