(Senior) User Experience Designer For Knowledge Workspace in Potsdam
SAP’s vision is to help the world run better and improve people’s lives.
As the cloud company powered by SAP HANA®, SAP is a market leader in enterprise application software, helping companies of all sizes and industries run better. SAP empowers people and organizations to work together more efficiently and use business insight more effectively. SAP applications and services enable our customers to operate profitably, adapt continuously, and grow sustainably.
At SAP, we believe in the power of collaboration and empower our employees to perform at their best in an environment that encourages free and open expression of ideas. You’ll work alongside creative thinkers who share your interests, while turning big ideas into reality for our customers. With innovative job training, mentors to help you grow, and the flexibility to balance your work and personal life, you’ll be able to get more out of your career. It’s no wonder that some of the sharpest minds from around the world are working for a company that is consistently recognized as a global top employer.
Now it’s your turn to take the next step and help make the world Run Simple.
Purpose and Objectives
Even the most groundbreaking idea starts with a small spark, an idea that may seem unremarkable and unimpressive at first, but that can eventually be turned into something that has a profound impact on the world around us.
The SAP Innovation Center in Potsdam is a dedicated group within SAP that focuses on creating innovative software prototypes, which pave the way for new and potentially revolutionary IT solutions. We work in small teams that draw on the diverse professional and cultural backgrounds of our members, and cooperate directly with end users and partners on a range of problems involving big data. Through our work, we interact with end users from many professions and with companies of all sizes and from an array of industries – such as life science, gaming or utilities – as well as with academic research groups. It is our goal to build business applications that will make complex products and processes seem simple, natural and obvious. That is why the users of our software are at the center of our development processes.
We are looking for an experienced UX Designer (Specialist or Senior level) that drives the user experience design of Knowledge Workspace for SAP’s customers. Knowledge Workspace is a new tool that empowers people to collaboratively solve problems and make decisions in the digital enterprise (see https://icn.sap.com/projects/knowledge-workspace.html). The location for this position is our innovation campus in Potsdam. There is a shuttle for SAP employees running from Berlin to Potsdam and back every day.
Aside from the fact that SAP is a great employer, the SAP Innovation Center is a buzzing hub of international and very motivated folks with diverse professional backgrounds. Low hierarchies and direct project responsibilities enable you to design with impact. Flexible working times, special offerings (like fitness courses, a bouldering wall, beach volleyball court, a decent espresso machine) and finally our marvelous location next to Jungfernsee make working at SAP Innovation Center fun.
Expectations and Tasks
In close collaboration with developers, customers and other designers you will to turn ideas and user needs into digital prototypes and simple, beautiful web and mobile experiences. Being part of a central design team, you will sketch and design top-notch user interfaces that empower businesses. More specifically, you will design the user experience design for applications in Future Corporate Management.
- Organize user experience activities for the project design team, which currently consists of 2 UX designer and 1 UI designer
- Ideate, create, and iteratively improve outstanding user interfaces for Knowledge Workspace and other business applications.
- Translate research insights into adequate user experience prototypes and craft interaction models, screen designs and fine grained details of user interactions.
- Own the success or failure of your design work and collaborate with other designers, developers, and customers on the feasibility of ideas.
Skill and Competencies
You do not have to be a grand master Jedi of design, nevertheless you should bring some years of solid design project experience. Communication skills and team player qualities are equally important.
- One of your most prominent character traits: Curiosity.
- Proven track record and a passion of designing compelling digital products and services and ability to prototype what you design.
- Excellent communicator of design work and your rationale behind proposals to internal stakeholders and customers.
- Self-starter and team player who can organize activities and deeply collaborate with other designers and engineers.
- Solid intuition and understanding of design process, design methods and design principles.
- Degree in Design, Human Factors, or a related field (or an equivalent professional experience).
- Strong written and verbal communications skills in English.
- Enterprise software design experience
- Experience with agile methods
- Strong written and verbal communications skills in German
Your application documents should contain a cover letter reviewing your experiences and your interest, your CV, copies of your degrees (university, apprenticeship, high school) and copies of references from your former employers (if available). Additionally, your application has to include a strong design portfolio (online or pdf) full of examples and your design process.
SAP's Diversity Commitment
To harness the power of innovation, SAP invests in the development of its diverse employees. We aspire to leverage the qualities and appreciate the unique competencies that each person brings to the company.
SAP is committed to the principles of Equal Employment Opportunity and to providing reasonable accommodations to applicants with physical, sensory and/or mental disabilities. If you are interested in applying for employment with SAP and are in need of accommodation or special assistance to navigate our website or to complete your application, please contact us at Careers.Germany [at] sap.com. Requests for reasonable accommodation will be considered on a case-by-case basis
Bewerbungs-E-Mail: Careers.Germany [at] sap.com